- "What? What? What is it?"
-Apple, The Annoying Orange
|Played by||Dane Boedigheimer|
|Death||Knifed twice (revived)|
|First Appearance||The Annoying Orange|
Apple is a character who appeared in The Annoying Orange, Microwave Effect, and Crappy Captioned. Because he is one of the most illustrious characters of the series, his death left a significant legacy from then on. He was portrayed by Dane Boedigheimer.
The character is depicted as an anthropomorphic red apple. He is one of Orange's friends, as referenced in the episode's description.
Apple appears in The Annoying Orange, where he is seen being annoyed by Orange when he constantly says, “Hey, Apple!”. Orange then proceeded to crack jokes and puns, and babbling his tongue at Apple until he eventually loses his temper and tells him to be quiet. After few seconds of silence, Orange then warns Apple about Knife, who then appeared and sliced Apple to death. After being cut up, he was carried away by Dane Boedigheimer, possibly to be eaten.
In the episode "Microwave Effect ", Orange, Pear, Midget Apple and Marshmallow go back in time to the first episode (which is obviously re-filmed, as when as their speech were different (as they went back in time) and contains no archive footage). They alter history when Pear accidentally tells Apple that he will be knifed (while warning Orange not to change the past). After the future group vanish, the past Orange is about to tell Apple he's gonna get knifed. Scared, Apple avoids knife. Three years later, the group arrive back to the present and discover Grapefruit, Grandpa Lemon and Passion Fruit enslaved by a group of apples led by Apple. King Apple's police force (Roboapple) orders the newcomers to put their hands in the air. Apple (who is now "King Apple") orders him to fire at will. Fortunately, Burrito (controlling the microwave time machine) sends the group back to the past a moment after they left. Past Orange and Present Orange distract Apple until he gets knifed. The future group then leave (although the timeline remains altered by the fact that there are several Pears in the end of the episode instead of one as originally, there is no reason given why).
- Main article: Orange
On a side, Orange likes Apple, but Apple doesn't seem to like Orange as a friend. Actually, it has been seen in the TV show Apple hates Orange, even wanting him to die but having no guilt of that feeling. He even tried to kill Orange by kicking him off the counter, somehow helping him.
- Main article: Knife
Knife made his debut appearance as an inanimate murder weapon in The Annoying Orange. Knife quartered Apple, killing him. Apple obviously doesn't like Knife, because Knife killed him.
- Main article: Pear
Pear was possibly Apple's friend, but is unknown as Pear was not seen until after Apple died.
- Main article: Dane Boedigheimer
After Apple was killed by Knife, Boedigheimer took the sliced remains of Apple and Knife away, and possibly ate Apple after the episode.
- "What? What? What is it?!
- "Yeah, that joke was funny the first four hundred times you said it."
- (sarcastically) "Yeah, that was hilarious."
- (confused) "What kind of question is that? I don't even have arms; how am I going to do one push-up?"
- "No, stop it!"
- "Okay, you've made your point! Stop it....."
- "Would you please be quiet?!"
- "For crying out loud, would you stop yammering for longer than three seconds? I can't even hear myself think!" (grunts)
- "Huh?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
LegacyDespite being killed in his first appearance, Apple is mentioned many times later in the series. Apple is mentioned in the followed episodes:
- TOE-MAY-TOE: Orange mistakes Tomato for Apple because he looks like him (he is red).
- Sandy Claus: Orange says Santa Claus may be an apple because he is red. Then, at the end of the episode, Orange says to Santa, "You’re an apple!". Then, Orange began to use the term "Apple" as an insult.
- Hey Youtube!: Orange calls out to Apple to ask him to help turn the camera off, even though he is dead. It might be the viewer, though.
- Annoying Orange gets Autotuned: Orange refers to the Apple iPhone as "Apple".
- Pain-apple: Orange becomes confused when Pineapple tells Orange his name and thinks he’s an apple.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Apples: Orange laughed when the Green Apple calls himself an apple, thinking apples are always red as Apple was originally red.
- Jalapeño: Orange thought Jalapeño was an apple after realizing apples can be green.
- The Amnesiac Orange: Orange lost his memory, and believed himself to be an apple, fooled by another apple.
- The Annoying Orange - Animated: Apple reappears and the same thing happens.
- The same scene is used for the apple from "The Amnesiac Orange", and for the apple from "Ready to Rumble".
- Apple is usually confused with another apple who is seen on many Annoying Orange bumpers.
- Annoying Orange: Crappy Captioned: An actor who poses as Apple appears in a special episode that shows what the first Annoying Orange episode would've looked like if Google's faulty captions were used to tell the story. In this episode, he and Orange say nothing but nonsense. In this version, he doesn't die, as instead of Orange yelling, "Knife!" he yelled, "Night!".