|Played by|| As an adult: James Caan
As a child: Dane Boedigheimer
|Death||Sliced into pieces by Knife|
Jalapeño, or known as Chille Gordu, is a character who only appeared in Jalapeño. The Fruit Basket Group admires and adores him, and he is one of the few characters who doesn't get annoyed by Orange and likes him as a friend due to his resemblance in his youth.
PersonalityJalapeño was wise, philosophical, and kind. This made him quite a ladies man (the Fruit Basket). It is shown that in his youth, he was simaler to Orange. This resulted in him becoming Orange's friend as he was not annoyed by him.
In his youth, Jalapeño was very similar to Orange, because he was annoying people such as Habanero who got sliced by Knife at the end of the flashback He was also a very popular and charming vegetable, which leads to fruits from a fruit basket to woo him. Jalapeño took an interest in Orange, and said that he posessed the burning light of passion. He was a skilled singer as well. However, he was knifed, and in his final words, he asked for Orange to keep the passion burning.
- Jalapeño is the fourth character who doesn't scream while getting cut by Knife; the first being Grandpa Lemon, the second being Granny Smith, and the third one being Charlie the Unicorn. However, he said "Ouch!" many times.
- As a child, he had the highest voice of any character (even higher than Marshmallow) and was annoying like Orange. Ironically, as an adult, he had the lowest voice of any character.
- He appeared in Daneboe Exposed #5: Annoying Orange Exposed, saying "Thank you, thank you!" despite having died (Jalapeño was Dane Boedigheimer's favorite knifed character).
- He is the only Jalapeño pepper in the series.
- His knifing scene was the longest (even longer than Mango), being 38 seconds long.
- As a child he is the first character other than Orange to yell "Knife!". The second is Grapefruit in Best Fiends Forever while the third being Tomato.
- He was one of two characters with a sultry voice. The second was Honey Bear.
- "No, I am not an apple. My name is... Jalapeño.
- (chuckles) "Touché, Orange."
- "Yes, and some day, he will come to us all."
- "Keep it burning, Orange. Keep it burning!"