|Played by||Dane Boedigheimer|
|Death||Soul taken by Deviled Egg (revived)|
Midget Apple (also known as Little Apple) is the main tritagonist of The Annoying Orange. Midget Apple is a joke filler at his debut in the episode Crabapple, but eventually became one of the series's main characters. He is often telling people "It's Little Apple!" when he is called Midget Apple, which is offensive to him, but eventually got used to the name.
Midget Apple is a very small anthropomorphic Red Delicious apple who prefers the term "Little Apple" over "Midget Apple" for his name. The character originally appeared in Crabapple as a joke filler, and then was slowly made into one of the Annoying Orange's main characters. The reason for his small size is unknown.
Midget Apple was first introduced as a joke filler for the episode Crabapple. Orange had first mistook Crabapple for a midget apple, and Crabapple had pointed out that there was a midget apple right next to him. Towards the end of that episode, Crabapple was crushed by Pumpkin, who had also mistook him for a midget apple. Midget Apple's popularity had started to grow since then, and he was re-introduced as a recurring character in Wazzup 3: Bonsai Tree. Because of his small size, Pear had planned Midget Apple to jump out of a cupcake during Orange's birthday party in Happy Birthday!. This is when he had met Marshmallow. Marshmallow wanted to be Midget Apple's friend, as he did with everyone else. Midget Apple had promised to be his best friend if Marshmallow got him out of the cupcake. However, Orange and Pear were responsible for Midget Apple's escape. During season 3, he, along with Marshmallow had replaced Passion Fruit's place as the tritagonist of the series, leaving her the fifth, going on seventh position character. Orange frequently makes fun of his size, and doesn't listen to Midget Apple when he prefers to be called "Little Apple". However, despite his small size, he is able to operate large vehicles. He hobby is murdering zombies while in his monster truck. He was voted most likely to play in the NBA in Cruel Middle School. This had become ironic due to the fact that he is vertically challenged.
- Main article: Marshmallow
Marshmallow is Midget Apple's best friend. They first met at Orange's birthday party, where Marshmallow requested if Midget Apple could be his friend. Later on, they became best friends. Marshmallow is also (visually) slightly larger than Midget Apple.
- Main article: Orange
Orange is one of Midget Apple's friends. They met in Crabapple, and Midget Apple was at Orange's birthday party. Orange often annoys Midget Apple by calling him that, but Midget Apple often joined in on Orange's funny escapades with the others.
- Main article: Pear
Pear and Midget Apple met in Wasssabi. They seem to get along well. Pear appears to be the few characters of the series that make an effort to call him "Little Apple", at certain times.
- Main article: Passion Fruit
Midget Apple and Passion Fruit finally has showed the friendship between them in Wishful Thinking. They get along, but in the world without Orange, on the contrary, they didn't, despite being in a relationship.
Midget Apple is not on good terms with Grapefruit, due to the names he is called by him and how he treats Marshmallow. He called him Baby Apple.
- "We prefer the term 'Little Apple', thank you very much."
- "For the last time, it's Little Apple!"
- "Can I get out now? Hello?"
- "Get me out of this cupcake and I'll be your best friend!"
- "It's your turn, Pear."
- "Hey, what happened to Carrot?"
- "That's Little Pumpkin."
- "THAT'S LITTLE APPLE!!!!!!"
- "Hey guys, did I miss anything?"
- "Barely, you should've seen the line for the bathroom!"
- "I thought elections were at the beginning of November."
- "(laughs) This never gets old."
- "He means Little Apple."
- "Little Apple!"
- "No, that's Little Apple."
- (cover by Orange blown) "I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that pesky Knife."
- Since Wishful Thinking, he considers Marshmallow as his best friend.
- The Fruity Question of the day in No More Mr. Knife Guy said "Who would win in a battle of cuteness: Marshmallow or Midget Apple?"
- Midget Apple stated on Facebook that "Tiny Apple" and "Small Apple" are accepted nicknames; it can be any synonym of "little" as long as it's not "midget".
- There is an apple cultivar called "Midget Crabapple", which is possibly the origin of his name.
- He, along with Pear, Marshmallow, Grapefruit, and Grandpa Lemon are so far the only main characters who started as minor characters.
- His photo picture is a monster truck.
- Despite the fact that he is little, he seems to like extreme sports, like his theme song shows.
- According to his theme song, he can play the guitar.
- The decals on his truck reads "Midget Apple".
- He glows red when he has a bath.
|Characters of The Annoying Orange|
|Main Characters||Orange · Pear · Midget Apple · Marshmallow · Passion Fruit · Grapefruit · Grandpa Lemon · Apple|
|Recurring Characters||Dane Boedigheimer · Squash · Knife · Liam the Leprechaun · Captain Obvious · Nude Dude · Dr. Bananas · Zoom · Zip · Eggplant · Copper Lincoln · Mustachios · Mushroom · Joe the Coffee Mug|
|TV Exclusive Characters||Nerville · Apple · Coconut · Peach · Tomato · Banana · Pineapple · Ginger · Broccoli Overlord · Banana|